Mxz 700 Chain Case Lube Help Needed - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Is it necessary to use factory Ski Doo chain case oil when replacing. I just drained my chain case and cleaned everything and it all looked pretty good. My questions is, Do I need to use Ski Doo chain case oil, or is there something else that I should use? Also, how much oil is required when re-filling. Thanks for the help guys and girls. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 10:38 AM

8.5 oz of fluid is what you need. Unless you have mechanical reverse, then it's 12 oz.

You can use whatever fluid you want. I've had good luck with Klotz Chaincase Lube, it's cheaper than the Doo stuff, and seems to work great.

I have friends that have used anything and everything you can think of -- transmission fluid, 80/90 gear lube, 10w30 motor oil, all without any problems.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to Klotzlubemn
7.00 for 12 oz of the Klotz chain case lube. Thats a good price.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Cam

Some folks use chaincase lube, and others use the 75W90 gear lube, which seems to be a popular (and cheaper) second choice. If you are interested in pricing, just pm me. :christmas:

<div align="left">
http://carst.ca/OilGuyOnSite/Images/racing_ams.gifFor Special Pricing Email nospamoilguy@mountaincable.net

</div>
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

97Mach1, Cam, and Klotzlubemn, thanks a bunch for the replies. I was beginning to wonder if anyone answers questions like mine. I'm not terribly new to the sport, but I am to my own maintenance and your replies all help me to get better. I ended up going with 8 oz of Arctic Blue synthetic chain case lubricant since I hadn't received any replies for a few days. I was told by another fellow friend/sledder that that's what he uses and has not had any problems. Doo wanted $20 for their bottle, I picked mine up for $9. Again, I sure appreciate you responding and look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. Have a great season.

Tim
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 08:35 PM
journeyman sled/motorhead

Send a message via Yahoo to dooman
Quote:
97Mach1, Cam, and Klotzlubemn, thanks a bunch for the replies. I was beginning to wonder if anyone answers questions like mine. I'm not terribly new to the sport, but I am to my own maintenance and your replies all help me to get better. I ended up going with 8 oz of Arctic Blue synthetic chain case lubricant since I hadn't received any replies for a few days. I was told by another fellow friend/sledder that that's what he uses and has not had any problems. Doo wanted $20 for their bottle, I picked mine up for $9. Again, I sure appreciate you responding and look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. Have a great season.

Tim[/b]
I use amsoil products , have been using the chain case and greases for years now.

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 PM

Again, I agree with dooman, Amsoil's syntetic chaincase oil I think is great, I always use that stuff. It costs $8.95 CDN at Royal. Why didn't 'Cam' with all of the amsoil banners on his post suggest this product instead of standard gear oil?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Cam

Quote:
Again, I agree with dooman, Amsoil's syntetic chaincase oil I think is great, I always use that stuff. It costs $8.95 CDN at Royal. Why didn't 'Cam' with all of the amsoil banners on his post suggest this product instead of standard gear oil?[/b]
I simply stated what is available, and what some folks use as a first and second choice, in my experience. You can always pm me for more detailed information and pricing. BTW, my price to SW folks is considerably cheaper than what you paid at Royal. Check out the link in my sig if you like.

Cheers

Cam

<div align="left">
http://carst.ca/OilGuyOnSite/Images/racing_ams.gifFor Special Pricing Email nospamoilguy@mountaincable.net

</div>
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I simply stated what is available, and what some folks use as a first and second choice, in my experience. You can always pm me for more detailed information and pricing. BTW, my price to SW folks is considerably cheaper than what you paid at Royal. Check out the link in my sig if you like.

Cheers

Cam[/b]
I will definitely hit you up on that,
Thanks Cam,
Brett.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 10:38 AM
journeyman sled/motorhead

Send a message via Yahoo to dooman
Quote:
I will definitely hit you up on that,
Thanks Cam,
Brett.[/b]
I am not trying to take anyones sales but I too sell at cost to sw members.

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page