1987 Yamaha Excel Ll 340 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know what rpm this 340 should be at idle. Also, the amount of turns on the air screw? I do not have a manual and have not seen anything I could download.
thanks Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 07:19 AM

When i had mine it seemed like 1 1/2 turns from seat on the air screw was in a manual, but i beleive i had to play with mine and it was more like 1 turn from seat. Your plugs will tell ya and your RPM at IDLE. Should idle right around a grand to 1200 I beleive
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
When i had mine it seemed like 1 1/2 turns from seat on the air screw was in a manual, but i beleive i had to play with mine and it was more like 1 turn from seat. Your plugs will tell ya and your RPM at IDLE. Should idle right around a grand to 1200 I beleive[/b]
Ok,
right now it idles at 1500. I have not messed with the air screw. Will check the plugs.

Thanks
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Ok,
right now it idles at 1500. I have not messed with the air screw. Will check the plugs.

Thanks[/b]
Hey, guys!
Owner manual (Excel III, 1986) suggests 1 3/8 out for low speed adjustment screw.
You can check the srew cone end for wear. It can have the erroded groove on the cone surface. Could be repaired if you good with hand tools. Or buy a new one. Otherwise you will never be able to adjust it right.
Idle speed 1700 rpm.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page