Choosing An Oil Overview - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Post any questions or comments about this article/course here.

This forum post relates to this article/course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 10:59 AM

there was no conclusion page,just cartoon trees...........what oil should i use?i'm so confused....... :doh:
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 10:01 PM
Tragically Hip-OSA

Send a message via Yahoo to jtkennedy9
There is an article in the new Snow Goer on this subject.

2016 Polaris 800 SKS
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 11:48 PM

Meh, I think I'll stick to the same Amsoil Series 2000 Synthetic Race Oil . It's done me no harm. Good article though, keep it up!!

Ride The Best *Yamaha* <87' 485cc Yamaha Phazer>
<It would take my SW posts, Planetsled posts and DirtTrails posts combined to beat my VWVortex posts!>[B]
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:05 PM

i hate to say this but i got nothing from this post ,Powder is right there is no final page to the post,i happen to run the skidoo xps II syn. in my sled just because if there is ever a problem,the dealer can't complain to me about an oiling problem,i've had good luck with this oil so i keep using it,but i would change if it were proven to me that there was a difference in oils. and btw Klotz is the worst stinking oil you can buy,a bunch of my riding buddies use it it stinks terrible and they have all blown up at least one sled while running the klotz

TEAM CHAOS DRAG RACING-01 800 mxz,04 800x
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Thread Killer

404 File Not Found Error - (You've went off the trail!)

The page that you are attempting to access does not exist. This may be due in part to the recent restructuring of the entire SnowmobileWorld.com web site to design 5, an incorrect link, or a mistyped URL.

Please visit our main home page to view updated links and menu choices.

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the site webmaster below. Please include the page that brought you here so that we may correct the issue.

>>> There seems to be an error as it will not load the final page. In almost all How to pick an oil Articles, seldom will they recommend a brand. Instead they recommend the qualities that you should look for in buying an Oil.

485phazer there is no need for you to run the racing amsoil as the regular will doo just fine. That is unless you are running WOT everywhere as that is what the racing series oil is designed for.

2003 MXZ Renegade 800
1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 CTD AUTO ATS-TST#6/ 3K GSK,MBRP 4"304SS 400K
2006 VW Golf GLS TDI PD 102K

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forum...1146054139.jpg
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 11:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NHIcegator
I found it to be fairly interesting,after years of running premix sleds,and dumping in whatever was handy,at a reduced ratio to keep from fouling plugs I've only had injected sleds for almost 3 years now.
When I got my first "modern" sled,a 93 Cougar the first year I faithfully used Arctic standard non-synthetic oil.
Last year,after putting on many more miles(great riding conditions)I found myself again dumping in whatever was handy at the gas station.
This year a good friend has become a Amsoil dealer so I think I will give that a try,getting a good price from a buddy always helps you know.
I guess we've come a long ways from my Dad ranting and raving about that"Damn Purple Panther ####"we used to get from Arctic Cat
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 12:16 AM
JBK

HI. I GOT A QUESTION ABOUT CHANGING MY OIL TYPE IN A STOCK 97 ARTIC CAT ZR 580 NO POWER VALVE RUNNING A/C EXTREME ..STINKY.

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT TORCO ISOBUTYLENE OR SOME OTHER LOW SMOKE OILS OUT THERE

AND PHILLIPS INJEX AS STATED IN THE ARTICLE. SOUNDS LIKE THEY LIKE NON SYN FOR STOCK, NO P-VALVE MOTORS

FINALLY AMSOIL, AND DO I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT CHANGING THE SETTINGS ON THE OIL PUMP FOR ANY CHANGE BETWEEN PETROLIUM AND SYNTHETIC BASES

THANKS. JBK
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2003, 05:45 PM

You should not need to change oil pump settings for different types of oil. Some may say you can run less oil if it is sythentic, but that is at your own risk. I used to run Cat standard oil, and now I'm using Shell Advance. I had to rebuild the top end last year, due to an air leak, and found the inside of the motor nice and clean and a good film on the cylinder walls.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 10:00 PM

KLOTZ!!!!!!!!!!!! Stuff smells like candy. I love it. I will never buy and other oil for that fact. You can run it in a closed garage and your eyes dont even start to burn at all like other oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page