Snowmobile World banner

New Purchase 2016 Ski Doo Summit ETEC 600 Starting Issue

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TheBearAK 
#1 ·
My wife and I just purchased two New Sleds. 2106's 600 and 800 Summits.

The 800 IS Fabulous. We hit Grand Lake and its 3 inch Paddles and 154 Track did the Job. Super Chicken Hill was no match.

ALTHOUGH,

The 600 Pull start is intermittent at best. It starts after a few pulls. Then, It wont start at all after warmed up then stopped. It takes an hour of pulls to get it started again.

Both sleds are still at ( 99 to 88 ) in the Break in Process. Its strange because the 800 starts EVERY time with a half of a pull (As it should be)

Any Suggestions?

Yes I have a 3 year warranty, but my Dealership is an hour away.

#2 ·
Have you tried changing the plugs? Sometimes (most times) there is extra oil in the gas from the dealer on a new sled, and that can foul plugs, making starting difficult. I would start there. If that doesn't help, pull a plug to see if you are getting spark when you are trying to start, that can help you narrow down the problem. I wouldn't do much more than that on a sled that's still under warranty, as you may void your warranty...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.