93 EXT 550 W/ Zr580 EFI Turbo Build - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
93 EXT 550 W/ Zr580 EFI Turbo Build

Well story behind the build, I started a Company Building Snowmobiles/ATV's and watercrafts. I have been looking for the last few months for a Vintage snowmobile to build a modern drivetrain to put in it. Well that show'd to have no luck in it, After throwing some ideas out my brother decided to donate his sled to the cause.

I built this sled a few years ago, It started life as a gutted 1993 EXT 550. I swapped in a Zr580 motor, Full EFI set up(ECU/harness Etc) Sled ran real solid.

He got tired of going slow, So he asked me to build him something on the cheap that will make decent power. this is what I came up with.

1993 Arctic cat EXT 550/Zr580EFI Turbo (Built by Wide Open Performance)

Mind you all of the parts are in fabrication status. Once everything gets fabbed, It will be pulled apart cleaned/Blasted and painted and coated. Bare with me on the bad pics.

Please Enjoy, I will get more progress pics and videos as i go

(First start, Sled hasn't been ran in months. Sorry for poor performance)

(Getting stance set up,Fabbed soild struts)

(fabbing Intake pipe, Still Unfinished)

(Intake Collector I fabbed to Help equalize intake pressure )

(Intake to collector, Getting couplers tomorrow)

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page