Snowmobile World banner

2008 F6 track won´t move

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BCDan 
#1 ·
Hi All, A new forum user from Sweden here.

During the easter me and my family were out and driving our F6 2008 for the last kilometers for the season. But it turned out to end with the track not being able to move one bit.

I can start the scooter without any problem and I can give it a gas but when I hit around 5000 rpm the motor want to move the scooter forward but instead it find resistance.

I´ve tried to lift the back up and give it some gas but the track just wont move. Not even when we towed the scooter with another scooter the track moved. for 2km.

Normally when I switch to the reverse there is a sound notifying me when it went to reverse mode (a sort of bumb sound) and then again when I switch from reverse to normal mode. But that sound is also gone.

Have anyone experienced this before? what should I look for? should I start looking at a new diamond drive or perhaps a track drive?
Is there any way I can look at the problem with out having to dissamble the driven clutch, the diamond drice and the track drive?

Sorry if my english is making the explanation worse, if so, please let me know and I will try to explain in another way.

Thank you in advance

//Niklas, Sweden

See less See more
#2 ·
I would first look at the track clips and make sure you have not melted one into the hyfax material on the rails. Check the rails on both sides and make sure every one is free. In the spring season, with lack of snow coming into the tunnel, that can happen. The hyfax heats the metal of the track clips, and when the sled stops, the clips can melt into the hyfax.

It only takes one clip that is melted into the hyfax to keep the sled from moving.

If they are all free, then get the sled up on a stand and try to rotate the track by hand. You should be able to narrow down where the problem is.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.