96 xcr 600 extreme flooding - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

96 xcr 600 extreme flooding

ok I have cleaned carbs, I put in new needle and seats in all three carbs, I replaced all the mounting flanges, and all the hoses, I tried different fuel pumps, I check the floats for leaks, the flats are set right according to the book. heres what happens, after all that, I will start it up it will run fine for a while, then after a while the rpms will drop, I take out the bolts in bottom of motor, that let fuel out if flooded, a little gas will come out, if I let it sit all night, it will fill up the crank so bad it leaks out exhaust, and then when I take out them flood bolts, it will shoot gas out and I mean a lot, like it drains the tank over night, and will have a pile of gas on floor, not to mention how much comes out after I take out flood bolts.

so assuming floats are adjusted right, needle and seat new and working right, and fuel pump is working right, no rips in diaphragms, what else can cause such flooding, crank seal? I did spray carb cleaner no change in rpms. I am completely lost on this, any ideas would e greatly appreciated. thank you.

forgot choke are adjusted, and I got new choke and throttle cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

I guess it stumped all you guys too. lol
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 PM

Sounds as if you still have a needle and seat issue. I have cleaned mine multiple times to get that resolve that situation. Are you flooding all cylinders or just one or two. I always have adjusted my float levels so that when I turn the carb upside down the float arm is slightly up rather than parallel to the carb base. I do this so that if I stop on a hill with the nose pointed down that I don't flood the engine. I assume that you put in the 1.5 needle and seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page