Carb adjustment for Rotax 583 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Question Carb adjustment for Rotax 583

I've a recently aquired 1994 Ski Doo Formula Z 583 that had starting issues last winter but only when the engine was cold. What I have to do is to "band" the throttle so it's about 1/4 way engaged, set the brake, then pull the starter cord. If I do this, it starts pretty easily -- other wise, no go. After it's been run and warmed up, re-starting normally is no problem. I have no manual and therefore no info on adjusting the carbs. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Cool ???

Hey there! I have some questions first, does it idle? When you release the throttle, does it return to proper idling RPM's?

Anyways, Check your idle screws, Little golden colored screws on the left side of the carburetor, Screw them in about... 1/4 of a turn, pull the cord, if it doesnt idle correctly, turn the screw(s) A little bit more, Do this until it idles correctly. When it does idle correctly, you should just be able to pull the cord without holding the throttle, Ive had the similar problem with a 1982 Ski-Doo Nordik 377, Fixed it, now it runs fine, if this does not fix the problem please tell me.

Happy Sledding!!!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the adjustment tips. I'll be trying them out when I get some time this weekend. As for your questions, once its started then it seems to idle fine. Trying to think back to last year. There were a few times it was warmed up when I had to use the band on the throttle to start it again. Can't recall how warm the engine was, though.

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page