Snowmobile World banner

91 Or 92 Exciter Ii Tors Problems

9K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  #1 yamaha 
#1 ·
hey fella's i have a 91 or 92 exciter II and i'm having some problems OK here we go if i put 2 new plugs in her and start her up she runs fine but if i give it a little bit of gas the tors light comes on and the the right cylinder fowls the plug. and the left runs stays running, But if i put another new plug in it and start it up then give it all the gas both cylinders run until you let off of the throttle then the tors light comes back on and she fowls the right cylinder again can anyone please help very frustrating. thanks allen.

#5 ·
I have not had problems with my TORS (yet). Are you saying that more than likely I will??

I just picked up my Yammie in April, and have not given it a ride yet. Is this something I should be looking into as well?

#6 ·
Thundercat96,
There will be a harness that is plugged into your carbs(I think it's plugged into the carbs, don't remember for sure?)

Bluehaze,
I think you will be ok if you leave it hooked up on your '96 V-max 600. I haven't heard of any problems on the V-max's. There may be some, but as I said, I haven't heard of any. If you do experience any fuel related problems I would unhook it and see it that makes a difference in performance. If not, I say leave it as is.

my .02

#7 ·
Originally posted by shortstop20@May 19 2005, 11:34 PM
Bluehaze,
I think you will be ok if you leave it hooked up on your '96 V-max 600.  I haven't heard of any problems on the V-max's.  There may be some, but as I said, I haven't heard of any.  If you do experience any fuel related problems I would unhook it and see it that makes a difference in performance.  If not, I say leave it as is. 

my .02
[snapback]420897[/snapback]​

Thanks, I'll watch for this coming season.

#8 ·
Hey, I have a Vmax-4, and the tors light came on when the carbs got messed up. The gas throttle cable is seperate from oil throttle cable, and the oil cable got stuck open. ( this is on my Vmax4. ) The 2 right cylinders kept getting flooded and fouling the the plugs. After it did that, it would shut the sled down. I suggest you oil your cables, and rebuild the carb/carbs.

#9 ·
Not snowmobile related, but Yamaha related, had a problem with my tors on my banshee.

i was riding in the rain, hit a bump and my quad died out, it would start but when i would give it gas it would die out.

i disconnected the tors quad ran fine after; on the quad their was a little black box near the carbs with a wire coming out of it. unplugged that wire, had no problems since.

#10 ·
I have owned a 1992 Exciter II LE since fall of 1996, so 9 years. I have not had any problems with it. Mine has done it a couple of times when it was really cold out and I rode in some really deep soft powder. The carbs froze up for a second and the TORS kicked in.

I know on the Phazer II's there was a wire under the hood back by the steering column that had two separate conections on it. If you unplugged them and plugged them and then plugged the right side ones into each other and the left ones into each other you would bypass the TORS system but everything else would still work.

As for the flooding of the right cylinder, I would say that your right carb is not adjusted right. The slide is not seating all the way down when the throttle is at an idle. I would say you need to adjust your throttle cable and slide in your carb so that when you let off the throttle the slide hits the bottom of its stroke when the throttle bottoms out. This should also fix the problem with the TORS because it is looking for a difference in slide positioning between the right and left carb. If you get the carbs adjusted so they both start to move at the same time and at the same rates you should be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.