1995/1996 V-max 600's? - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

we have a pair of 95 and 96 v max's at work forsale we took in a few months back on trade, my dad wants to get a used yamaha or ski doo, these machine both were both from the same owner who kept them in good shape with 7500kms on them a piece, no reverse but both have elec start, asking $2000 a piece, what are these sleds like ive never rode on except around the yard at work. Ive herd they are good in a straight line but not a good trail sled.

any imput would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 08:24 PM

I have a 97 V-Max 600XTC . I find it to be a good all around sled. The sled darts a bit at slower speeds but thats not a problem. If they run good I think you"ll enjoy riding them and for what they are you won"t be dissapointed. SWRules
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 08:41 PM

The 97 VMax is in the ProAction chassis. The 95-96 are still TSS sleds. Same engine, big difference in the chassis. For the price, they might be ok, so long as he isn't trying to race current sleds with them.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 PM

When you own a V-Max 600 the last thing you do is say ya wanna race dude! I get a chuckle when I"m riding by other guys when there having a smoke break. I know they"re thinking s...box. SO what! It"s a paid for s...box. I don"t have to trade it in because somebody blew my doors off going across the lake. Hey kid with the Mini-Z! ya wanna race?

Ride Safe! SWRules
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 12:26 AM

A buddy of mine has a 96" V - MAX 600 and it runs well . It has around 7000km on it this year he put on a set of carbides on and it steers like a new machine ..unlike my 93' Exciter II SX is just a headache...bog after bog after plug after plug after plug :bash:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 11:34 PM

They are not to bad, they runn pretty good with good clutching and twin psi pipes and a pro-action rear suspension, or you can pick your self up a 750/800 vmax, he he he I love to smoke a current sleds with my old 95 vmax 800 pogo stick, or mabey it because I weigh 150lbs and rid a 190hp sled?????

Quote:
When you own a V-Max 600 the last thing you do is say ya wanna race dude! I get a chuckle when I"m riding by other guys when there having a smoke break. I know they"re thinking s...box. SO what! It"s a paid for s...box. I don"t have to trade it in because somebody blew my doors off going across the lake. Hey kid with the Mini-Z! ya wanna race?

Ride Safe! SWRules
[/b]
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 08:03 AM

the price seams a little high. last year i bought a 95 v max st with 1100 mi for 1300
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 10:36 AM

I bought a 95 and a 96 VMax 600 (onthe 95 is an LE and the 96 is a DX) with a NEW Sled Bed trailer for $3000.00 USD in April. The sleds have 3200 and 2300 miles on them respectively, and are in showroom new condition. Both have e-start and reverse. as stated earlier the price seems high to me too.

The sleds are good and dependable. Not the fastest or the smoothest ride, but better than sitting on the couch wanting a sled. They are gas pigs though, mine gets 8-9 MPG with a 10.0 gallon tank.

Hope this helps.

Check this thread out too...
Click here

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely
in an attractive and well-preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate in one hand,
martini in the other,
body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming...

"WOO HOO what a ride!"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

well my dad bought a ''96 vmax 600 this week for $1600, good looking shape, the engine runs well, we put a new set of sliders on it and a belt and plugs and cleaned everything up. Anyways we had it out today near bancroft, ontario, I noticed when I was following him that the skiis were darting everywhere and didn't look like it had much pressure on them, mind you it only had runners not carbides. He found it a rough ride on the trail aswell, I said well look at the thing, it's a low machine in the first place with not alot of suspension. Anyone have theses experiences? would carbides help alot more? plastic skiis aswell?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 06:48 PM

[I agree with the posters above..i think the price is too high. Its always funny to me especially when you look on ebay and see the people selling their sleds like a 95 or 96 and say no reserve, but start out with a minimum bid of like $2000.00. (i cant imagine the people that overpay for these things)I mean your sled is 10 years or older ya know.....they dont hold value like even a vintage sled would. I dont think you are asking way too much, just maybe a little high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page