1995 yamaha vmax 600 i need help - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
1995 yamaha vmax 600 i need help

When I got the 95 vmax 600le it ran perfect then all of a sudden just sitting in my yard I only get one spark at the very beginning of the pull and sometimes one spark at the end of the pull. I've checked all my wiring and it seems fine I even pulled and cleaned my stator and it doing the same thing does anyone know some things I might be able to test. Thanks
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Unplug all lights, gauges, anything that runs off electrical except the ignition. You can even unplug the key switch (save that for last) i would do each unplug then pull start, then unplug & so on 'till you find what might be shorting or drawing all the mag juice. As you unplug each item & pull start, leave that item unplugged while you go to the next ...
Good luck

Better to ride on gravel & grass than to not ride at all.
Anybody got a good price on carbides and track?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Sounds like my issue last season

It was the pulser coil. Go over to Snowmobile Forum under the Yamaha section and search for pulser coil. You will see the thread under my handle. Yamadad4 is a great person with info. Goldmine's info is good too but once you test a pulser coil it will save from plugging and unplugging if it is the pulser. Use a multimeter...I don't remember the specs but again yamadad4 can help. Hope this helps. post back if you have questions.

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page