Snowmobile World banner

JETTING 2001 SRX

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SRXBOY 
#1 ·
Can anybody tell em what main jets they are running in a 2001 SRX other than the stock ones. I ride in Miuchigan. I know the Cats and Doos are safe to jet down 2 -3 sizes from stock. I was wondering about the SRX because they run so strong out of the box. I'd rather be able to change them in the comfort of my garage than a cold parking lot up north. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone in the Michigan area. this sled is bone stock.

#4 ·
I bought a factory shop manual for my 2001 Yamaha Mountain Max, I would suggest the same for you. They give you much better specs than any aftermarket manual. Mine shows me clutching/jetting chart for different altitudes. I do know that the pto (belt side)  outside cylinder on the mountain max is jetted fatter than the mag or center cyl. My manual covers the mountain max, sx 700, and the touring machines and they all use a fatter (or leaner, the manual is around here somewhere) jet for the pto side. My plugs are real black. I read that the factory does that so you won't smoke the engine running it to lean, I have to come down a step or two, but I am going to wait till it has more miles on it (only got 200) good luck.

#5 ·
YAMAHA actualy got it pretty close on the 01 jetting, but if you want a little more you could go to a 147.5 on the pto side
& 146.3s on cntr. & mag side & you'll be good to just below zero (stock is safe to about -20)
if you ride with any "ditch pickles", I'd jet down as to have all the power you can get!(so you wont have any problems towing them back to the trailer
)

#6 ·
Jet it stock and adjust untill your plugs and wash are where you want them.  You could melt down if you get advice from someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about.  And I'm not suggesting anyone who responded doesnt know what he's talking about.  Just better safe than sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.