Spark Plugs - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-30-2001, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Rocketman
Everyone seems to have thier own opinion, so lets here what the masses have to say!
(plus I wanted to see how this works.... )

Yes, that is me in the avatar. #61

Quote:
When I raise my flashing sword,
And my hand takes hold on judgement-
I will take vengeance upon mine enemies,
And I will repay those who haze me.

O Lord, raise me to thy right hand
and count me among thy saints....
New Server for SW Coming Soon
Please consider a Donation or SM Signup ---> $1200.00 GOAL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 10:08 PM

Location: L7 C2 oakland twp 44 King St N RR 4 Scotland N0E 1R0, southwest of brantford, southern ontario
i scratch my head on that poll and i know it is true. ngk has been the biggest in the sled business forever. i see ngk in my honda lawn tractor and snowmobile but nothing else where else are they big ?

IF WE GIVE ALL THE PROFIT TO THE IMPORTS WHAT WILL BE LEFT?
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Rocketman
Hard to say...not many people have voted.

Yes, that is me in the avatar. #61

Quote:
When I raise my flashing sword,
And my hand takes hold on judgement-
I will take vengeance upon mine enemies,
And I will repay those who haze me.

O Lord, raise me to thy right hand
and count me among thy saints....
New Server for SW Coming Soon
Please consider a Donation or SM Signup ---> $1200.00 GOAL
post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 10:26 AM

I use NGK because i can get them the cheepest. 10 bucks a box, you can't beat that! *even if i do fowl one or two out a season.

those who try to widdle you down-
only want to bring you to their level.
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 11:04 AM

I am really suprised with the support of NGK. *My experience with Ngk is you buy a box of 10 and 3 work. *This is not just one experience. *Its like a plug with no perks. *They dont offer anything except a spark. *

I used to do work for Robert Bosch. *I worked in Quality control. *Bosch makes really good plugs. *They are almost identical to each other. *Ngk on the otherhand had diffrenct sized plugs 6 BR9ES would not be the same. *They have slightly diffrent sized electrode and the internal workings did not look like a quality plug. *

Right now I think splitfire tripple Plat are the best. *They use a Platinum electrode but also use Platinum pads on the ends of the plug. *Platium gets hotter then copper and burns up carbon getting ride of fouling. *But the biggest advantage is that the spark travles through platinum much better and easier then copper. *This alone will save the Stator, Coil, Ignition on any motor. *It is even said that you can increase the gap ever so slightly on a plat plug to get more power because with the less resistance the spark has more power to jump the gap giving you More spark area and a better more efficent burn. *

Please dont go opening the gap if your not sure how much.

The bottom line is that *a platinum plug what ever the make will create less strain on the ignition of your engine making ignition components last longer. *They also burn of carbon making a cleaner combustion which pervents detonation because it is the ultra hot carbon sticking to the copper plugs that cause the fuel to pre ignite. *The splitfire tripple platinum have a warrenty and from what I saw last year are made with excellent quality. *They work as intended and Anyone with a Rotax 500, 583,or 670 Rotary valve engine should buy a pair and try them. *You wont belive the results. Your engine will start easier then any series 3 engine right now except the tripple. *I swear to you. *It will turn your hard to start rotary valve engine into somting your kids could start. *plus way more throttle responce, *No stalling, More top speed. And absoultly no fouling you will never need to pull the plugs all season to clear a flooded engine. *

Looking back, Only to see the sound barrier.
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 02:44 PM

Thumbs up

Wow, you mean all I have to do is screw in a pair of spark plugs and my Hard to start 670 and it will start, have better throttle response and be faster, all I can say is WOW.

MXZer
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 04:40 PM
82-1004217970

Wink

What about the plugs the 02' mxz 800 will be using?Haven't picked it up yet but I understand there different than the BR9ES.

Rick
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 11:17 PM

The advantage of the splitfire tripple platinum will work on any machine. *It will save you ignition and make it easier on all electronic components. *But the real benifits Easier starting, Throttle responce, Top speed is only really noticeable in the Rotary valve engine. *

I stumbled on to them my self last year. *I own a mach z that runs perfect buy was always disapointed with my 98 Mxz 500. *Once it was running its an awsome machine but to get it running. *I was afraid when i went night riding with it to shut it of in fear it wouldnt start. *I must have spent some frustrating moments trying to swap the plugs with the spares and unflood the machine. *Then last year i was looking through a catalog and I saw the tripple platinum. *It had a cool picture and looked good so i bought them at this big snowmobile show. *I put them in mid season. *I was in SHOCK. *I primed it 4 times and pulled the cord. *Before the cord got half way it was running and it came on with a roar not a stumbling idle. *I shut it of and did it again with no primer this time same thing. *Its so good that it almost starts every time one of the pistons gets to top dead center. *

Only once did i manage to flood it with the kill switch on of i tryed to start it and it wouldnt go I realised it was the switch and turned it on. *I put the throttle to full because thats what your suppost to do and in one pull it fired up. *The machine is such a user friendly machine to drive now that i even told my dealer about it. *He told me that Bombardier was recommending platinum plugs for that style of engine but didnt want to tell anyone. *I dont know why but thats the way it is. *

Conversion if anyone wants to try them.

BR9ES - 01-TP406B

Look at them at
http://www.royaldistributing.com/servlet/M...ct?page=69.html

post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 08:26 AM
82-1004217970

Those platinum plugs sound like the plug to have but what about them in the 800 twin.I see they take a BR9ECS plug,how will they match up? ???

Rick
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 09:57 AM

RickM

Im not sure but i dont think you should switch. *That new plug is supposidly a big help in resisting detonation. *Weight for splitfire to make a plug that matches the ngk design. *Plus the real advantages are mostly found on the rotary valve engines. *My newer 600series three grand touring had no diffrence except for the fact the plugs lasted all year. *

I would run the new NGKs. *It must add someing to this machine or else skidoo wouldnt have wandered from the standered BR9ES.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page