Snowmobile World banner

Most miles on a sled - TROUBLE FREE (not including BASIC maintenance - hyfax, belt, carbides). Then

• My highest mileage trouble free sled was/is under 10000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -

Votes: 0 0.0%

SLED WITH THE MOST TROUBLE FREE MILES

39K views 59 replies 57 participants last post by  JedFalls 
#1 ·
Are there any of you that have a FAVORITE long distance running sled? I am NOT talking about the fastest, the nicest looking, or the most expensive (all though this might apply) sleds - just interested in DURABILITY - pure and simple! IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YEAR!! PLEASE make comment after you take the poll and tell us all about this sled, if possible include approximate gas milege and whether it was fan/water cooled.
Mine was a 1999 fan cooled 440Z Cat, 16 mpg and 7100 miles before it puked!

Woodsy SWRules

#54 ·
2002 renegade 800 with 7500kms on it. Other than one blown belt a set of sliders and carbides. It has run flawlessly.
You forgot the Y2K gade :rolleyes2:

The y2k was my 00 500 mxz, had 5+k on it and then went to perm for his son . Never had any down time and far as I know perm had to put a chain on it last season .
I sold it to him in 05 and he just sold it this fall ..still rockn.
How many miles on her now perm?

mutt

Attachments

#4 ·
There I fixed the options up a bit...

My best so far is my 97 mxz 670 -- 3000miles till rotary valve seal leaked (also the most miles I've ever put on a sled...there will be more, I assure you! :cool: )

#6 ·
I currently have a 2000 Polaris 500 XC. There is now around 7300 miles on it, just changed the belt last week, and the original sliders are still on it. My last sled was a 1997 Polaris Classic, when I sold it to a friend it had around 8000 miles on it. He is still driving it, but he just had some clutch work done to it.
I can't compete with Sawman, he had a 1992 Indy Trail deluxe, when he sold it he had 11,000 miles on it, nothing done to it, and we saw it the next year still on the trails.

#7 ·
Hey Mr. Moderator/Rocketman - THANKS FOR THE FIX UP!!! You guys help make SW what it is - AN AWESOME SITE!
Woodsy SWRules

#9 ·
03 Ski-Dooo legend 550 fan. 8000kms, replaced plugs, carbides, and sliders, think the belts a bit worn so going to put the spare on.

#10 ·
Hey Rocketman, Brenty is correct. Could you work your magic again and change that second 8000 to read "under 15000" for us?
THANK YOU AGAIN!!
Woodsy
Sorry I messed that poll up so bad!

#12 ·
all of mine r sold around 4000.... a friend of ours has a 1999 XLT SP. gold edition.. he took all the decals off and replaced them w/ goldleaf of his one degine WOWAH ITS AMAZING!!! i will post pics after my trip... he now has 17,000 trouble free miles just the basic stuff... and 1 shock rebuild

#14 ·
2001 ZR600EFI limited Edition with around 6000 miles, other than normal maintainance the only major issue was a new primary clutch this year, but that was my own fault. I could have fixed it (new spider, weights and bushings) but I got a great deal on a new clutch on Ebay, so I went with the new one.

#15 ·
My "94mx470 that you see below had 14,000km ( 9000 miles?? ) befor the bottom end went!! and took out the rest of the engine, block was scraped, 250km to a tank of gas...was a sweet engine good power for a little guy. Since then cant seem to keep a motor in it no more :(.

#16 ·
1992 Yamaha Venture 485 motor almost 25000 km on it, motor has never been touched clutchs were just rebuilt 2 years ago ( 20,000 km), along with new shocks and springs, I have to add that 1996 and on kids (teenagers) have been the only ones to ride it and they run the #### out of it, thinking that I don't know ha ha ha... :lmao: SWRules

#21 ·
I said 5000 but its just a guess though because I had it from the point when I was 4 to 13 and the only thing I ever had to do was put on gasline and plug....It was a 1980 Ski-doo Citation 3500 with the 277cc single. Ran like a top and still does for my little cousin who I gave to last christmas.

#22 ·
My best sled so far was my 04 REV 600 sdi. 9600 kms on it and never had a wrench on the motor. I'd get over 5000 km to a belt!! :crazy: . Add to that the 20mpg for amazing fuel economy and it makes for an amazing sled.
Now my 02 MXZ 700 was amazing too. It had 8800 kms on it and other than cleaning the clutches, it was trouble free too :D .

#23 ·
My sled.

Never had one issue with anything. Coming on 16 000 kms shortly and the closest thing to seeing the internals of the engine was when I put in my reeds and changed sparkplugs. Everything else has been equally reliable, havent had to replace anythng but bushings and bearings and that was my choice, could have left them as they werent very bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.