Snowmobile World banner

Observations regarding site breach

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pray4snow2 
#1 ·
So I just received your message concerning the site breach and information on what I need to do to help me secure my online presence.

What's a bit odd is that you have now instituted heavy password requirements, length of ten or greater, symbols, password expiry, and a whole bunch of other stuff that makes my life more difficult.

And why you ask? Because YOU didn't follow any of these practices in the first place and were probably brute-forced, allowing access to the community databases. None of OUR user passwords would have caused any of this; it's completely the site administrators' faults for their poor password conduct. Had you done what you are requiring everyone else to do this would never have happened in the first place. I just don't get why all the heavy requirements for us now, we didn't do anything, and all this junk you want us to do will do nothing to keep us safer here.

Oh, and, BTW, I've never seen so many adverts on a site that it actually slows the site to a crawl.

I know you will delete this post soon, but I wanted to vent, I use to own this poor site. And to see what you have done to it is very, very sad. It's a ghost town now, full of spam and ads.

I could make it great again in three months, but you people are too pig-headed to take any advice or even make an attempt to try.

To Rob L. if he is still around, it's a shame what you done here. If I would have known I would never had sold this site to you.

What a shame... Goodbye SW.

Corey

See less See more
#2 ·
It's been a slow and steady decline, the lack of protection and moderation from spammers helped kill this site... now it's weeks between postings, and no one comes here for help or to share their experiences with snowmobiles.

Stick a fork in it, it's done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.