Snowmobile rental in AZ??? - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Snowmobile rental in AZ???

Hi,

I lived in PA until the summer of my 7th grade year and was very enthralled with snowmobiles but never got to drive one, though I did get to ride on the back a couple of times. Then we moved to NC and then GA. Now I'm 57 years old still in GA and still have never gotten to drive a snowmobile, or even ride on one since leaving PA. My sister lives in Phoenix AZ and I go visit her from time to time. On the last visit she said there's good snow skiing not unreasonably far from Phoenix which I sort of doubted since Phoenix is well known for being in the hot desert but in case it actually is true I did a quick search for snowmobile rentals in AZ. Can any of you familiar with the area who know there were several results recommend any particular rental places or particular areas that are better than other possible choices? I see places to the north like Flagstaff and Mormon Lake, and places to the east like Alpine. Why is there snow in those places but nothing in Phoenix just 200 or less miles away? How much snow...which area is better...? So far I just don't know what to think about this. And if there is snow, for how long? To try for the snowmobile experience the best I could do would be some time in February. Are some of those places likely to still have snow then, if they had a decent winter at all this year?

Thank you for any help or suggestions!
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 10:38 AM

David, sounds like you best get on it and make this wish a reality! Did you make it out in February? Arizona isn't the best for riding, however Flagstaff would your best bet with the area being so much higher in altitude and better chance for snow. Not sure how they fared this year. Any way, make it happen!

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page