Snowmobile World banner

has anyone clutched a 377 rotax?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  troy 
#1 ·
hello everyone. i have a 1980 skidoo citation. its a 3500 chassis with an ss engine. cylinders bored .010 over. it also has a comet 102c clutch. i was just wondering if anyone has had success doing clutch mods on this engine. the stock clutching is horrible, and i need some guidance to get the full potential outta this engine. also, the plugs are a little oil fouled. it seems to run ok, but when i pull the plugs, theyre a little wet. any suggestions. thanks

#2 ·
For clutch work I'd just replace the spring(go one higher than stock if you drive aggressive) they get worn after a while.
An ss would have daul carbs so getting them cleaned and sync'd will help.
For oil fouled plugs,, check the compression,,use a better quality oil and change mix a bit higher.
When you do a lot of warm weather or slow riding go to a hotter plug one heat range should work.

#3 ·
well, i got everything working very well. i ended up pulling the engine. the timing was off a little bit. got the timing set and it runs like a totally different sled. no oil fouling, lots more power. it helped the clutching out alot too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.