Snowmobile World banner

377 Rotax engine Rebuilt - Bottom end removal

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  troy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
We are rebuilting a 377 rotax 2 cyl. engine and almost all the part is removed but now we need to remove the engine stand who is between bottom engine and Clutch plate. I want to ask help here before I broke something! Here a picture of the bottom end and the engine stand. Let me know how to do it!
Thanks
Jimmy

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you need to take the fixed sheave of the clutch off first.

I don't know for sure on these older sleds, but on any sled I have seen you should have a hole in the shaft that you need to put a clutch puller into to get the fixed sheave off. Once that is off my guess would be the brace will just come right off...

dave

#4 ·
That's going to be interesting trying to turn the sheave without turning the crank! Let us know how it goes, and how you did it... I'll put the info in my "save for later when needed" basket!

I'm thinking something that holds the other end of the crank.. but you have to be careful not to impact it too much because there's a possibility of twisting the crank out of phase.

#5 ·
Yeah, it'll be tough with the engine torn down. I used to put rope down the PTO spark plug hole with the piston slightly on either side of TDC (depending which way I wanted to turn the clutch) and when there was lots in there I would back the piston up against it. It may have to be partially reassembled in order to use that method.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.