2002 xc sp 500 [Archive] - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

: 2002 xc sp 500

xc 600
03-21-2002, 10:19 PM
One of my buddy's has or should i say had a 2002 xc sp 500 VES. *His motor siezed up solid. *It got so hot that it melted the VES caps right off of the pots and they fell in to the pan. *All this happened and the light did not come on until she stopped. *Any one else run into this. *Lucky it is warranty and a new engine is going in it.

High Miler
03-22-2002, 11:24 PM
Often wondered why Polaris doesn't put temp. gauges on there sleds. Those lights come on , it ussually means, you just bought an engine....Guages aren't that expensive....

WKMOTZU
03-25-2002, 02:48 PM
I have a 02' 600 xcsp, yesterday we rode in the am. Sled ran great,then started to bog as if fouling plugs,i canned it and hot light came on. *Was bone dry on coolant,filled it up with Brisk ice tea and some marsh water and go it to a dealer in eagle river. My coolant resavoir *cap was stripped and didint pressize. Also polaris knows they have cooling problems and they 1st put on a longer snow flap to keep more dust in the *tunnel or last resort install a additional rear heat exchanger. I will bet this is what happened to the 500,we looked at a showroom sled at the dealer and it had the cap stripped also.

xc 600
03-25-2002, 08:51 PM
It is not really a matter of the engine going. *He already had the flap. *But what temp should the light come on. *It was to late in this situation.