Snowmobile World banner

95 Formula Stx 583 Temp Light

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  377safari 
#1 ·
Hi, Im new to this sled thing and bought a used 583 rave stx which runs fine stars pretty easy but the temp light comes on after a little while? doesn't seem to be overheating though coolent is flowing,heat exchanger not to awful hot, I noticed that it has one # hoter plug in it an 8 instead of 9 . could this cause the light to come on? any help appreacated . also I have only taken it out once as weve not had a lot of snow as of yet, but it was fresh maby a little wet with frezing rain that day

#3 ·
My 95 STX does the same

the Temp light comes on once in awhile yet the engine block is not hot

Sometimes I am riding in powder and it comes on :crazy:

Personnaly I think there is something wrong with the sensor on my sled :slick:

Would love to switch to the electric gauge from the FZ,then I would know the real engine temp instead of the idiot light :sly:

#4 ·
Hey thanks for the replys, I think Its the senser, just came back from a 40 mile ride the light came on went off flickerd ect, ect, snow was wet icy not the best but all weve had here in norteast Pa. did notice that if I pushed it hard it went out go figure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.