98 xc700 [Archive] - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

: 98 xc700

rudedawg
02-14-2002, 08:48 AM
I have a stock 98 xc700 just put on a boost bottle, I cant seem to get the set up right w/ the carbs, has low end bog,also when cold sled it sound like its drowning,I need help.
Has anyone had similar problems?

Myers Racing Inc
02-14-2002, 10:48 AM
I used to have the same sled and I put a Hot Seat boost bottle on it. I am trying to remember what I had to do to it when I installed the bottle and I know that I had to adkust the air screw out. What bran noost bottle did you get? I would try to call the shop that made it. Mine was a Hot Seat bottle and came with a instruction sheet with everything I needed to know about install and set up. Might try giving them a call and see if they can e-mail or fax a set up sheet to you. Mine had the same bog off idle but the boost bottle really cleaned it up. I also put a 45/36 helix and dropped a tooth on the top sprocket. Sled screamed out of the hole and still would run the fastest among the group I ride with. Sold it and ride a Pro-X 440 now. The 440 is faster 0-60 but doesn't have the same top end and arm pulling torque but is a lot more fun in the twisties and washboards. http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

xc007
02-15-2002, 06:23 AM
Can you get it to idle right? *If not, will giving it a little choke while idle help correct the troubles? *If so, I would say it could be a little lean in which case you will have to adjust the air screw (in?), or if that doesn't work increase your pilot jet size.

The way I understand it, a boost bootle will lean out your low end, maybe you're too lean. *Of course it doesn't make sense to use a boost bottle to lean it out, then have to use bigger pilots to richen it back up.