Xc700 racing [Archive] - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

: Xc700 racing

rodmax
02-20-2002, 10:38 AM
A friend asked me to run his XC 700 *1998 ,in our local drags this weekend, Is there anything I can do to the suspension to make it hook up better.?
*Is there anything i can change with the stock clutching?
* I weigh about 240 suited up , last year this sled did good but only came in second in its class. It was beat by another XC 700. http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif
* Any help would be appreciated, Rodney

MrXC7
02-20-2002, 12:16 PM
I dont know how much this will help you but..... I have a 99XC7 and jsut installed the AD Boivin Quick adjust for the coupler blocks, and they seem to help with acceleration when adjusted properly. (I paid $125.00 and it took about 30 min to install) All you need to do is turn the adjuster with a Plug wrench, and it allows FULL coupling, or Very LITTLE coupling. when You adjust for least coupling it transfers weight awesome -- allowing for better acceleration. I know the 98 is in the old chassis, and there is 2 or 3 holes needed to be drilled in the X10 skidframe for installation, but that is mostly just drilling out existing holes. (VERY EASY INSTALLATION...didn't even remove skid)

xc 600
02-20-2002, 07:27 PM
My 1998 xc 600 had a poor acceleration factor due to no weight transfer I was going to buy a 1 1/4 track or studs to make it hook up. *What I did to get more weight transfer was I remove the rear susspension coupling block which are the ones right in front of the rear bogie wheels one on each side just behind the rear arm works excellent! But only remove the ones behind the arm not in front of it. *How long is the drag then I could help you with the clutch setup or go to www. startinglineproducts.com and check out their clutch kit thats what I run and its much faster than when I just got it. *Also get the jetting right on it makes a big difference. * The holeshot is the most important thing in a drag.

rodmax
02-20-2002, 07:58 PM
I am not sure but I think the drags are 1000 feet.That is what they were last year. Thanks

SNORAT
02-20-2002, 09:34 PM
Soften the suspension up to the softest setting front and back,tighten rear limiter strap fully also tighten front limiter stap but not quite all the way stiffen center shock a bit make sure you have little ski pressure.Remove rear coupler blocks.make sure the front end only comes up a few inches off the ground off the line and holds them there for a bit down the track.If you are trying to stand it on end or have the front come up more you will lose forward momentum and the race.