Well after looking for a fst switchback and reading all the horror stories ive decided to look at a yamaha apex mountain. I just cant take the chance as the sled will be shipped to Australia and i really dont want problems over ther with it and trying to get it fixed.
So does any want to sell or know a dealer with a low ks unit?
10-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Order one straight from Japan when you get there its closer.
i wish i had the money for a new one as i would do that but its a used one for now.
10-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Try the Snowest site; there is lots in the "swap meet".
2006/7 apex mountain? didnt see one??
i must be blind(lol)
10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
10-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Cheers shawn, i got one !! and it was close by too!! Now just need some white stuff.
11-08-2007, 06:06 PM
No problem! Enjoy...I sure love mine!
Hay Shawn, what mods have you done to yours? Any ideas on what to do ?
11-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I haven't done much yet, mostly repair damage I did to it last year! I have replaced the rear rack with a Parker rack and added a left hand throttle.
My to do list is:
- wire hand warmers in parallel to fix cold hands
- replace kill switch with tether
- replace seat and exhaust with TJ's light weight system
- handle bar riser
- ice scratchers
- remove radiator
If you've just gotten one I'd look at:
- seal up the front hood with foam tape; this keeps powder out of the hood and out of your intake.
- cover the front centre hood vents with fabric of some sort to keep powder out of engine bay (I used lycra...some guys 'll tell you to use pre-filter material; lycra is much easier to work with and comes in any colour). I remove the vents altogether when riding in spring weather (0 to +25C).
- check to make sure you've got the rear protector plate installed over the rear exhaust hole under the tunnel. You'll be throwing lugs out the back if you don't have it installed.
- rewire the hand warmers
- get rid of the stock gas rack...I found it useless...PIA to strap a gas can to.
That's all for now!