Sc-10 3 Suspension Adjustments [Archive] - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

: Sc-10 3 Suspension Adjustments

formula jumper
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
hello everyone. well i changed the suspension in the formula z 670 (arc or arm suspension) to a sc-10 3 suspension. now everything is good, i have just a few Q's regarding that suspension. when you sit on it where are the rear coupling blocks supposted to be. mine are all the way to the back. limiter strapes are showing three open holes. and center shock is 2nd notch from the start. i'm looking for good weight transper and have a good ride. i'm knew to this suspension because the old one was a hole differnt setup. the old suspension is in exelent shape but nobody wants it, not even salvage. thanks again for your help. :lookaround:

trailblazer
01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm no expert, but I would think you need to increase your rear spring blocks a turn or two.
I believe that with that suspension, you need to allow for about 2 to 3 inches of ride in height.
That means you need to lift up the back of the sled to stretch out your shock.
Take a measurement of your rear bumper.
Then sit down on it with your riding gear on.
The back bumper should come down about 2 to 3 inches. Depending on what your ride harshness preference is.
Your rear coupling blocks should be centred with you sitting on the sled.
They affect your transfer rate. Or how much weight shifts from your skis to your track.
The blocks rotate to 2 different positions on the SC10-3 I believe.

As far as your rear/front or centre shock setting goes, play with it and see what you like.
They all adjust pretty easily. There's a wide range of adjustment there.

The ARC or ARM suspension was suposed to be a great groomed trail suspension.
Apparantly it wasn't that good in the junked trails or ditch banging.
There were very few sleds produced with that set up so that's probably why your not finding a market for it.

Good luck

Jeff

SKIDOOKID99
01-25-2008, 05:43 PM
show me some pictures of the old suspenion i might be interested :thumbsup: