Snowmobile World banner

99 srx700 Suspension confusion

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kevint 
#1 ·
Hi,
i bought a used 99 srx last year and just had it serviced. The rear end sits very low, compared to my other sled (97 skidoo mxz) and has almost no travel when a rider sits on the seat. from what i can gather, i beleive i want both the rear end to sit higher and also provide a little bit of give. i cannot figure out how to do both of these things while adjusting the springs. i think the rear spring is already maxed out on preload since there is virtually no give in the seat, yet, the seat itself, remains sitting low. also if i lift the sled up from the rear the track will fall slightly (maybe 1"), and then back up into position when it is placed on the ground under its own weight. is there a limited strap i need to adjust?

a little more info: i was told the strap was completely "loose" by the dealer which in turn cracked my w-arm which has been replaced. he found this when i asked him to adjust the suspension to standard settings for a 200lb rider. however when i got the sled back the seat seems to be in the same position. did he forget to adjust it? or do these sleds just sit very low?

#4 ·
They generally sit really low, and have little or no travel. The pro-action skid is nicknamed "no-action". Put a new skid in it, like an M-10 or XTRA-10. You'll also have to raise up the front end too. I put a skid from an '02 Mountain Max in mine, world of difference and 136". Really the only solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.