Snowmobile World banner

Any difference?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  snowdad4 
#1 ·
thinking of purchasing a 2003 YAMAHA SXV70HL with 531 miles onit or a 01 srx 700 with 1100 miles on it,any difference in the two,HP/performance/etc all feed back helpfull thanks

#2 ·
do the viper. alot better suspension front and rear and lighter. thats the biggest reason by far to lean towards the viper. wont say its faster than the srx, but its close, and can be. take a look at the way each sits. srx is low slung lacking in travel, viper was based on the snowcross sleds and the srx motor, yet the motor is significanly different. i think 03 was the year they got the harsh ride out of the viper. 02, first year of production, had too of stiff springs and some poor valving on the rear skid shocks. yamaha had it all ironed out for 03. if nothing else, go for aesthetics. the viper is sleek and sexy and has a badass appearance. the srx looks like a short, fat chick, with the 2 sleds side by side for comparison, you will see my point.

#4 ·
aftermarket pipes on the viper will add nearly 30 horse, bringing it right close in the power department, and without adding any weight. dont get me wrong, the srx is a killer sled, i have one, but the viper far exceeds it in the suspension and handling department(i have a viper as well). depending on what sled your coming off of for one of theses 2 choices, a stock viper has an awesome feel to it and you wouldnt know it was slightly down on ponies without a side by ride comparison. i hope your a guy after my fat chick comment, if not, no disrespect intended.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.