Snowmobile World banner

1980 Enticer 300 Wont Stay Running please help

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dyslexic 
#1 ·
i got a 1980 enticer 300 i can get it started if i put fuel in the carb but then it just dies once the fuel in the carb is used up i dont get it because its getting fuel and ive change the float recently while i did that i cleaned the carb
ive also changed the carb and theres lots of spark. Everynow and then i can get it to run for like 5 or ten mins but then it will die and not start again

the carb is a mikuni b38-32

im sorry if this is a newb question but i actually am a newb
please help if possible

thanks

#3 ·
Sounds fuel starved....when you cleaned the carb, was there alot of varnish in the bowl? Some may have come loose and plugged a jet.....or that fuel pump isnt working...take it apart carefully and look for holes or gunk....we cleaned my brothers out of his ET340 and now it runs awesome.

#4 ·
The Bowl must be filling up because when it dies ive pulled the plugs and there soaked
Ive Tried three different fuel pumps with no differance. whats the deal with the secondary jet somone said that it might be doing it but im not sure if it would or not
And When I cleened the carb everythin i shot the carb cleaner through seem like nuthing was pluged

#5 ·
enticer blue's

A lot of people "clean" Thier jet's but they still may be partially plugged! And a little difference in the size of the orifice's can make a difference! I use a wire from a twistie tie for the pilot jet and a welding tip cleaner tool for the main jet to clean my jet's, the other alternative is to just go to your local yammy dealer and buy new one's!! At least you know they are clean! wiscpooman

#6 · (Edited)
FYI - we pulled my brothers carb 3 times before it worked.....cleaned it and blew compressed air thru it too.....in conjunction with the fuel pump...which does not seem to be an issue if your bowl is full. Check that choke cable too.......make sure its not stickin open...that recently happened to my ET340.....oh, and if that doesnt work then check the compression. My son's ET250 started and idled fine and would die when given throttle....now I can't get the bugger to start at all - there is fuel, spark etc.....check'd that compression and it needs new rings...it was topping at 80psi and dropping like FAST....the 300s should have 120psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.