Snowmobile World banner

Phazer owners

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  phazer485 
#1 ·
I have recently re acquired my '89 Phazer. I has sat in a farm yard for almost 5 years uncovered and uncared for. My husband and I took carbs off cleaned them, changed air screws, jets and fuel lines, set floats etc, etc. You would take it out open it up and it would run great for a few min then sputter like starving for fuel. Removed and re cleaned carbs more times than I care to say....Again sputtering and almost dying at high rpm...in the end we changed, cleaned etc everything on those carbs...the only thing we did not check and finally did this last time was the induction line from motor to fuel pump...and guess what...a tiny pinhole that you could only see by cutting the line open and checking it...we replaced that line and the Phazer is like she was before! Just thought we would share if anyone else has this kind of frustration with their Phazer!

#3 ·
Thanks Retired Pop!!1 :happy:I read a lot of old posts on the forum and then we joined the day we actually found the problem! Thinking I did read about that line at one point so maybe stuck in my mind cause before we put the carbs back on I said to hubby lets check that line and he really did not want to take it off as he said was a pain to replace but he did and boy am I glad he did that! The Phazer has sentimental value to me so I am so glad its running not to mention we got a foot of snow the day we fixed it!!!
MrsDes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.