Snowmobile World banner

1990 Phazer

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  phazer485 
#1 ·
does anyone know how loose or stiff the suspension on a 1990 phazer is? and is it any good?
thanks

#5 ·
not a bad suspension,but they need help.lots of adjustments,best to buy a manual,cleans up alot of questions and a good investment for the money and you don't have too buy from a yamaha dealer either,clymer makes a good one for 50 bucks.
second,
i wouls suggest you remove that suspension as i did and install grease nipples where they should be,there is alot of moving parts that have no available place to accept grease.metal seems to wear out with no lube,hmmm? what up yamaha?
third,
check all the idler wheel for bearing fatique,mine needed all 13 and one new idler wheel when i bought it.
fourth,
check the steering and those struts for play,nasty little fellers,as long as we are looking at the suspension

#6 ·
ya i think you should get a manual or if your suspension hasn't been done like been greased, taken apart (the shafts which the bolts go into) then it could get stiff and theres lots of a justments on those because i got an 89 ovation and the suspension is almost identical except for the length in the rails

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.