Snowmobile World banner

2006 500 venture cold start problem

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  800 strom 
#1 ·
Hi : My father has a 500 venture fan cooled, when we first start the thing in the morning to allow it to warm up after about two minutes it begins to flood one cylinder. We have cleaned the carbs, checked choke settings and replaced needle and seats. After changing plugs and taking for a run it works fine for the rest of the day. Looking for ideas.

#2 ·
bump the idle up just a tad or hold the throttle open slightly during warm. if your starting it and just letting it sit and idle without and occasional throttle bump, it will load up and foul plugs. full choke on startup, half choke after it fires, choke off and monitor rpms with the throttle. all the fanners i had were finicky cold starters and i found the throttle trick to help. by no means do i mean rev the thing up (bad on cold engines), but more like hold the throttle up to around 2000 rpm or so, without engaging the clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.