Snowmobile World banner

Need Help

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Johnvin 
#1 ·
hey i have a 78 yamaha exiter 440 and a scorpin 440 also and the scorpin is in alot better shape and the scorpin dosent run and i dont fell like fixing it or to go get parts, so am swaping the exiter motor in too the scorpain chassie, but i only have one problum... the exhaust can wont fit in there.. what would happen if i cut off the can to make it fit????

#6 ·
who you calling old? lol. i like the loud stuff as well, and there is a time and place for it. but i like to ride and seeing closures due to excessive noise reduces our riding availability as well as giving the greenies more fuel for their fight. we have cops on sleds with db meters that check you coming out of the snowparks. on a different note, i am surprised that with that engine swap the only hurdle to overcome would be the exhaust. i bet you a beer it wont fit without major modification and fabrication, especially when it come to clutch alignment and center to center.

#8 ·
well ya i was just thinking if i could cut the can off and get an aftermarket one but i would have to fined one that would fit, or just cut some it off than weld it back on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.