Snowmobile World banner

fuel pump? how does it work?

17K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  162Whiskey 
#1 ·
hey i have a yamha exiter 78 mikuni fuel pump i took it off and now i cant seem to figure out what goes were ?? like gas line from the tank? the line going to the carb from the pump and the the other line?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The choke should be a black plastic lever on those sleds.Pull the lever all the way in the up position. Holding the throttle open will usually just flood the engine.Attempt to start it. If the plugs are soaked in gas, you don't need to use the primer. If the plugs are dry, push the primer 3 times and try to start it again.If the plugs are dry the filter could be an issue, and is generally located inline with the fuel lines about 6 inches down off the tank.It has been my experience with sleds that have set around, to have the inlet needle inside the float bowl stick and cause the engine to run ruff or not at all.My suggestion is to buy a carburetor rebuild kit and install it. Dennis Kirk has very good prices on their carb kits.Generally you will get the best results that way. The best way to check the fuel pump is to just install a repair kit,as the pumps get old they don't deliver the fuel at their original pressure.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.