Snowmobile World banner

1998 yamaha vmax xtc triple

12K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  bigsal0009 
#1 ·
Hello i am new to the forum and the sport. I am looking to buy my first sled this year. I would like some input. I am seriously considering buying a 98 vmax xtc 700 triple with 4400 miles on it. Are these sleds reliable. How are the engines. Anything you can tell me would be awesome. Thank you

#4 ·
thats what they are known for. thousands and thousands of trouble free miles. price and condition would be your deciding factors, as would care and maintenance. the only known issues would be maintenance related and comes down to the driveshaft bearing on the clutch side. again, that is under the assumption that all the basic maintenance has been done, and there is not alot.

#5 ·
well im thinking of just doing it he only wants 1500 for it, prolly can get it for 13-1400 and the sled is located in a upper class part of town where people usually take care of what they have. ill update ya tommorow. if hes still got it then ill prolly buy it depending on overall condition

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.