Snowmobile World banner

Just bought a 97 SX700.. Few questions..

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  comatoast 
#1 ·
It needs new grips ( which are heated ) as the left one broke off on the end .. Is there good places online for this , or just go to the dealer..

I also wanna convert to the dual runner plastic skis and would like to know what is a good set thats reasonably priced..

Other than that , Im gonna be out on my first ride tomorrow so we shall see how it goes!

btw, Im kind of excited , even tho its an older sled, because this is the first time Ive rode in about 10 yrs, So I just wanted to get an older "beater" until I really get back into it ( the Apex XTX is calling my name :) )

#2 ·
hey.

you got a great sled!! had the same one last year! sold it as i had to move:(

i dont have many answers for you tho , i can tell you NOT to get snowtrackers! you know? those things that attach to your ski/carbide! supposed to prevent darting , it totally elminates it but then ice builds in between and steers like crap! just dont get them , almost caused me to hit trees a few times.

other then that sorry i dont have answers , just wanted to warn you about those things and tell you to BE CAREFUL with your sx , fast!!! 94 mph with more to go! insane , great suspension too!

but ya sorry i cant help with your questions.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.