Snowmobile World banner

1995 yamaha vmax 600 i need help

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tufst1 
#1 ·
When I got the 95 vmax 600le it ran perfect then all of a sudden just sitting in my yard I only get one spark at the very beginning of the pull and sometimes one spark at the end of the pull. I've checked all my wiring and it seems fine I even pulled and cleaned my stator and it doing the same thing does anyone know some things I might be able to test. Thanks

#2 ·
Unplug all lights, gauges, anything that runs off electrical except the ignition. You can even unplug the key switch (save that for last) i would do each unplug then pull start, then unplug & so on 'till you find what might be shorting or drawing all the mag juice. As you unplug each item & pull start, leave that item unplugged while you go to the next ...
Good luck

#3 ·
Sounds like my issue last season

It was the pulser coil. Go over to Snowmobile Forum under the Yamaha section and search for pulser coil. You will see the thread under my handle. Yamadad4 is a great person with info. Goldmine's info is good too but once you test a pulser coil it will save from plugging and unplugging if it is the pulser. Use a multimeter...I don't remember the specs but again yamadad4 can help. Hope this helps. post back if you have questions.

Tufst1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.