Snowmobile World banner

01 SRX suspension issue???

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Yamaholic 
#1 ·
Took a ride today and about 15 miles into it I noticed when I let go of the throttle it was like I hit the brakes, hard. The engine is running fine and I just lubed everything yesterday. When I went to leave it wouldn't move. We got the track going around again by lifting the rear end and revving it up. The trip back was a little scary as I could feel something dragging but to avoid issues with the brakes I kept moving. Everything would be fine for a mile or so, then I'd find myself at 8k RPM doing 30 miles per hour. At one point I had a 6 mile stretch out in the middle of nowhere so I squeezed the throttle hard to avoid pushing the beast if it decided to give up the ghost. Fortunately, everything loosened up and I made it across in about 4 minutes. When I let go at the end of that stretch it was like nothing had been wrong. The last 6 miles of my trip were tough since things were pinching again. Anyway, it's back in the shop warming up for a good disemboweling. Any ideas? Anyone had any problem with suspension issues, chaincase problems, pillow block bearings, etc? It has new hyfax, new grease and a smoked belt... :cussing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.