Snowmobile World banner

wont run without choke

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  siret485 
#1 ·
what would cause this, airleak??, have all new lines installed, even impulse, oil injection is disabled via pump drive gear, floats arnt stuck, could it be a faulty fuel pump? im at a loss, btw sled is 89 phazer 480, soon as ya take choke off it runs normal for about 1 min then dies, rechoke fires right up and runs like well i got the choke on, take choke off smooths out runs for min then dies out? any help here folks and ty again

#2 ·
More than likely

More than likely a lack of fuel...here's what i do; check for air leaks with starter fluid or wd-40 or equiv. While running spray the carbs, the intake manifold, the end seals, the starter rope side can be diffucult. If the idle picks up you have a leak. If not then with a small pump oil can (spray bottle works too) remove the airbox, start with choke on, release choke. As soon as it starts dying spray gas (oil & gas mix) into intake of carb. If it picks up you need to troubleshoot the fuel system.
Good luck

#3 ·
tyvm for your reply, appears my fuel pump is leaking, jus went out to start working on it and alott fuel seems to be leaking out/around it, gonna check the lines(all new as of 3 days ago) maybe a clamp came loose and ill be tryn the spray bottle trick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.