Snowmobile World banner

95 Enticer II suddenly stopped running

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  162Whiskey 
#1 ·
Hi
I hope that somebody can help. I have a 1995 Enticer II that has no problem starting. Second or third pull usually. Idling and warming, that's a different issue. Today I started it right up as usual but about a minute after starting it just shut off abruptly and I haven't been able to get it started again. I took out the spark plugs and there doesn't seem to be any spark.

Is this a problem with the coil? or is there something else? I don't think that there are any fuses. Or are there? I would appreciate any help.

Thank You
RandyV

#2 ·
Coils almost NEVER go bad. This is most likely one of your safety features malfunctioning or coming disconnected. Unplug the killswitch, check the tether, check the TSS (if it has it, it will be a couple small wires coming from the carb) to be sure it's connected, and disconnect the ignition. Then recheck the spark.

#4 ·
TSS, or throttle safety switch, is a magnet on the carb body that senses when the slides get stuck open. They're a royal pain and most people bypass them. Other than those suggestions, the only things I would recommend would be having your stator and CDI tested, and replacing your tether switch.

#8 ·
Good you got it figured. That was what it sounded like to me quite probably. Coils eventually go bad and beneath the flywheel builds heat which results in eventual breakdown, a situation to be expected when an engine is getting as long in the tooth as the old Yamaha fans. (Though, as a previous poster mentioned, it is not common, just eventual.) The good news is that eBay has NOS and used Yamaha parts cheap due to lower demand than some other brands. Glad you got 'er going again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.