Snowmobile World banner

How do I get my seat off of my 94 VMAX 500

11K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  semper fi 
#1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me how to remove the seat on my 94 DX? I have searched the forum and read the shop manual, but cannot find how to remove it. Also, are all seats the same size and fit? ie. can I replace my two up with a single one? Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
I don't know about the 94 Vmax but mine is a 96 and there is bolts inside the trunk.
If you get a seat from the same type sled it should fit cause I put a 2 up seat on when the wife want's to ride. And I got it off a 96 vmax.

#3 ·
Thank you.............. I was beginning to believe I'd posted a really dumb question, because I didn't get any answers.:) One question though, my 2up seat doesn't have a trunk..... it has a flap on the back that could hold registration paers, but that's about it. How do you fasten the back on when you install the 2up seat, or is yours different? I believe the 94 to 96 VMAX sleds are all the same.

#4 · (Edited)
Ok, just for the record.............. doubleclutch was correct. The two up seat has studs (2) in the back that go through the tunnel and are secured with locknuts(12mm) and washers from underneath. Those along with the two little bolts(8mm) up front on the outside bottom of the seat and it lifts right off. (the mm numbers are wrench sizes)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.