Snowmobile World banner

Will a 98 vmax skid fit a 87 exciter?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Beaxch 
#1 ·
I picked up a decent sled but the rear suspension is sagging and has no travel in it. I found a skid off a vmax but I have no idea if it will fit or not. What skid's will bolt into my 87?

#2 ·
If the tunnel is the same width the skid will fit,, it won't be a direct bolt on though.
custom work takes time , the track may be a different length for the vmax skid and the track may need different drive wheels meaning more work.

Go to the dealer for free info track sizes,drive wheels and the tunnel width of each machine.

#3 ·
Yeah I have a '96 Vmax 136" skid on my 1990 EXT Special with a 136"x2.25" finger track. I had to drill new mounting holes in the front and create a custom drop bracket for the back. This takes some careful planning but if you take it slow and set everything in place before you drill, it isn't too bad. I also put a different Cat 136" skid on my Vmax to replace the one I swapped out (the EXT had a 121" skid). You can screw this up, so if you go for it, take it slow and ask for advice at each step if you need it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.