Snowmobile World banner

700 mountain max help

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sled Dogg 
#1 ·
I bought an 01 and am new to snowmobiles. How do I adjust the track on this? It skips a little at certain times under acceleration. How do I change the chaincase oil? The speedo/odo doesnt work. What is the fix for this? I will buy a manual but am looking to work on it today. Thanks.

#2 ·
Track slipping is called TRACK RATCHETING: cure for this is to adjust your track making it tighter. Most tamahas don't use whats an EXTRVERT track driver. Meaning they drive off the inside lugs/nubs of the track not the track clipped holes.

chain case oil is easy, usually has a drain plug. May make a belly pan mess. Adjust chain also.

Speedo not working is usually a good indicator of a thrashed drive bearing, but not always. Might just be a bad cable. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION to locate info far faster than posting questions. Those sled had/have a massive following. Parts and info are plentiful. Triple pipes REALLY make it scream!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.