Snowmobile World banner

1994 yamaha phazer engine problem

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mmsrx 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the site here I just picked up a 94 phazer 488 I got it running seems to run really nice but yesturday I has it running on my garage pad warming up and I was around the corner and the sled died so I went to try and start it back up and the recoil wouldn't pull so I pulled the plugs and turned the clutch backwards and then I was able to turn the sled over with the starter again so I fired it back up and after a few minutes the same thing happened so I checked the oil injection to make sure it was working it was, so I fired it up again and same thing, I pulled the heads off to check to see if cylinder walls had lips they look fine. Also did a compression test have 115 pounds on both cylinders. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this? Thanks in advance, Adam

G
#5 ·
Thanksfor the info I pulled heads and cylinders off today no ridges on cylinder walls and piston skirts are all intact no chunks in the bottom from what I can see any other ideas guys?

#6 ·
Have the bore checked. Bring in a piston to be checked. Make sure they are sized right. 2 strokes will heat seize when tolerances are reached. Run for a few minutes like a scalded dog then...... wham. Let it sit 5 minutes. Repeat till you get home. Rebuild. Otherwise its on the crank. Check for blueing at the rod connections and crank bearings. If you are generating heat below.... you will see it. More than likely just time for a bore last time and they just did rings. Now its heat seizing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.