Snowmobile World banner

Venture Melt Down

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  CanadianMach1 
G
#1 ·
I ride an RS Venture06, on Sunday I was doing approx 80km/hr and something let go and the engine shut down. A total melt down. I saw some smoke coming from the front left side down by the primary clutch. This 2006 sled has only 6000km on it and has been carefully looked after. The engine runs and it will travel forwards and backwards, although it is making a very loud clanking noise. Anybody else experience this or have any ideas what the problem might be, Thanks :cussing:

G
#4 ·
Thanks for the reply's. I decided to get it checked out by an authorized Yamaha Dealer. The mechanic removed the primary clutch and found the outer oil seal was damaged and the main drive shaft bearing was rusty and destroyed. Internally everything appears fine. The bad news is that the cost of the bearing, shaft and seal, which is all one part number is $420.00. So when you throw in the labour I am willing to bet the total will be in the neighbourhood of $1000.00, it seems you can't do anything in this business for under a thousand. Everybody have fun sledding! Think Snow!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.