Snowmobile World banner

v max 600 overhaul ??????

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wigman1 
#1 ·
just purchased a 1997 v max xtc 600 with a bad motor. the top end seized due to a bad oil pump ! I have the cylinder and piston figured but the crank in it has 5000 miles and I'm wanting to make the motor dependable with having the crank looked over and replace the bearing. Found out it takes special procedure and want to know who is the best price ? I'm in oergon and would rather deal with someone more local but can ship if needed. Talked to a guy at some shop in minnisotta and he said a dealer was selling new cranks for 425.00 ?? anyone know who that may be ? any help would be nice !!!!!

#2 ·
I think you would be better off finding another motor - repairs on these can get really expensive, although all the parts you need are available from Yamaha or aftermarket. There are low mileage motors out there, you just need to look - I would start on Ebay, and check with your Yamaha dealer - they usually know where some older sleds are at.

Wig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.