Snowmobile World banner

1971 GP396 flooding need help!!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Harr 
#1 ·
My 1971 GP 396 keeps flooding out the clutch side cylinder. I have cleaned the carb three times. The main needle valve appears to be good and works when I blow on it. I have 130 PSI in both cylinders. The sight tubes are gone but they are plugged. The fan side carb runs a perfect brown. The only difference I can find is the metal diaphragm on the fuel pump part of the carb. It doesnt lay flat like the fan side carb does. Appears to have no damage to it. The bottom diaphragm curls a little but flattens out when put together and appears to have no damage either. The bottom screw is way more turned out than the fan side carb so the fuel level should be less. Both the high speed and low speed screws are about 1 turn out. I read somewhere that running a NGK 6 instead of the NGK 4 would help this. Any help appreciated!! Maybe just buy a rebuild carb kit? If so what kind? I have heard that the aftermarket ones are hit and miss. Forgot to say the engine is in a golf cart so bad clutching is not a concern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.