Snowmobile World banner

Yamaha Venture no start

21K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  stevem5215 
#1 ·
One problem supposedly fixed by dealer, the squeal. They adjusted the reverse linkage, changed the drive belt and changed the drive chain oil.
Haven't tried it yet because now it won't start. It did it yesterday as I was preparing to load it on the trailer for the reverse problem. The engine cranks but the yellow warning indicator flashes, the "check engine" icon flashes, EPS with a code of 43 comes up on the instrument panel. They told my by phone to cycle the fuel pump several times by just turning the key to "on" and not "start". I did but nothing worked. About an hour later I tried it again, and it started. And it started this morning at the dealer.
So after getting the machine home today, I tried to start it to take it off the trailer. No start. Exactly like yesterday.
Obviously I'm bringing it back to the dealer but do any of you have any ideas or heard of this before?
Or did I just get a lemmon?
Thanks.

#2 ·
I believe that your Relays developed moisture. Keep a spare relay with you always....it's cheap insurance for cold mornings.
Put you hand over the Relays for about a minute to warm them up, then try starting....
Usually the culprit Relay is the third one in, so you can replace it with a warm spare Relay.

Hope that solves the problem.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.