Snowmobile World banner

93 exciter 2 losing power

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  retiredpop 
#1 ·
Hi, im new to the forum, and im new to the exciters, have a little problem just wondering if anyone could shed some light, thanks
i just bought a 93exciter2 570,and when i fire it up it seams to run alright, but after a min of just idling it starts to slowly rev up a little bit the the clutch kicks in just for a second then the idle drops back to normal, and it keeps doing this, so this is one problem, the other is when im driving it seems to run fine for about 5-10 min lots of power on the throttle and everything, but after about 5-10 min it just loses all power and starts bogging, if i was in some fluffy snow it would just bog out, wont even spin the track, if i was on a trail and just slightly gave some throttle and was pushing the sled i could get it moving and then if i just slightly increase throttle i could get up some speed but if i were to hit wot if would just bog out.
it only seems to do this after its been running a few min, and it only seems to do it if there's weight in on the track, if i got in a situation where it wouldn't move and just bog out if i picked the track complete off the ground it would rev up fine, seems like its stuck in a high gear if that's possible
so that's my problem, hopefully i explained it ok. i'm thinking maybe a clutch problem?? i have a video of the clutch moving if that helps, or i can take a video of anything that could help someone help me
oh and my tachometer doesn't work,
im pretty new to all this so any help would be great
thanks a million
and i did make sure my choke isn't staying on, and i pulled my plugs and they look great
they guy i bought it off said he replaced the top end last summer and it was working fine for him

See less See more
#4 ·
A little more info is needed. Did the guy do his own work on the top end? Did he ride it after he did the work? Has the sled run this year before you bought it? Was the sled operated previously at the same altitude as you are at and if not did you change jetting accordingly? Erratic idle points to carb issue or air leak. Bogging could be carbs or clutches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.