Snowmobile World banner

95 EnticerII won't prime

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lprefs 
#1 ·
Hello. So I picked up a 1995 Enticer that was a government unit that's been meticulously cared for and was put away but hasn't run for 5 years. I went through everything and its in great shape. Turns over, fires a couple times when I put a little mixed gas in the cylinders. Only problem is the primer pump won't pump any fuel. I pumped and pumped and nothing, the line to the top of the carbs is empty. I took te carb lines off at the T and covered the ends of the t and it pumps pressure but no fuel... Any ideas where to start? Thanks!

#2 ·
I answered in the newbie section, but here's a great tip: Pressurize the gas tank to get the fuel flowing into the lines.

Once in the main lines, the primer should be able to pull into the primer lines. Once the primer is wet, it will work a lot better.

#3 ·
Oh it's the bear AK sorry I didn't read close enough. So I pulled the primer pump off tonight and tried sucking some fuel through the line from the tank. Got a good taste of fuel on the lips. So I took the pump apart and soaked the rubbers in some wd40 for a while. Seemed to puff them up a bit. I put the pump back together and it makes pretty good negative pressure now if you plug the intake hole. The lines are pretty brittle so I'm gonna wait and get some new hose tomorrow and replace what I can before I put it back on. Hopefully that gets the fuel moving. I'll let ya know how she goes. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.