Snowmobile World banner

300ex...

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  800 strom 
#1 ·
I was looking into a honda 300ex. New or used.
I was wondering what you think of these machines!
Any suggestion, coments,etc.
SWRules

#2 ·
They are a pretty good quad for a beginer rider but for a experienced rider they are nothing special. Not a great amount of power but enough to satify a new rider and the Honda 300 engine is bulletproof. A good chasis for trails and decent suspension but can be pushed beyond its limits pretty easy. It has reverse but the process is a PITA :bash:
Since you have ATV riding experience you may find yourself bored with a 300EX in no time. Keep an eye in the AutoTraders and classifieds for used 400EX's. You can pick some of those up for pretty cheap now-a-days.

#3 ·
Yes i am not a beginner so i guess its the 400ex. But for now im just looking because im still satifstfied with what i have got.
Anyways if i do buy the 400ex what mods would be needed later on or then?
White Bros pipe, v force reeds?
By my dealer they say that these are a great play machine!!!

#6 ·
It is a fun little machine and for a 250 has decent power, with a nice peppy motor. It is far from my 400 but still fun to play on. They are a small bike and can be thrown around very easy. All I added was a K&N filter and jet kit and it only added a little gain I had a top speed of 80km/h flat out all it could do.
It has typical honda reliablility but the weakest part of them is the clutches, mine are shot and anyone I know that rides them hard has worn out the clutch. The only other thing was I had the rear axle bearing go this spring but I also did as many donuts as I did going forward :crazy:

#7 ·
I had a 2002 honda 300 ex it was yellow and was pretty fast, I had a radar gun and it went 65 mph. It had a pro curcuit pipe and all kinds of motor goodies, weisco. It was a nice machince and it was actaully really good in the woods to, I had razr tires on it. I would suggest you buy one if you get the chance there a nice bike man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.