Snowmobile World banner

Oil pump leak

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SNORAT 
#1 ·
Took my motor out of the 01 pro x today and found that my oil pump was leaking. So I took it off and all of the hoses and cleaned and checked for cracks or holes. Being that all of the oil lines are empty now what is the best thing to do to prevent engine damage? I know to bleed the pump but that does not fill the lines. Also how long does it take for the oil to travel through the lines and get to the motor? Should I mix more oil than usual with a break in period and only use a couple of gallons of gas? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Normal practice is to run 5 gallons of gas/oil mixed 50/1 through it. This will obviously cause an oil rich condition, but will also gaurantee that all air is purged from the oil line without any problems...

AL

#3 ·
There is a screw on the top of the oil pump. loosen that up and let it sit for awile, after you do that put some premix in the tank and start it up, now using a coat hanger or a long wire with a bend on the end hold the oil pump lever up while running the sled at a higher rpm till you see no air bubbles in the oil lines. This is the procedure that I was showed to use at Polaris tech training school. Also before you adjust the oil pump make sure that you have all carb adjustments(Idle speed and sync) done first and check your oil pump setting with the carbs mounted, do this using a small mirror.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.